The beginning of it all

 Ok this is the first time I'm doing this so here goes!

Yey!! I am so happy this week! It is already official...we have 1 year before the wedding! Since January we have been scouting for suppliers, venues and churches kaya more or less I know already who and where to book. So far, we have booked:

Church - San Agustin Church. This was a really hard choice for us. Before booking San Agustin, we are choosing between 3 churches, St. James in Alabang (coz Gel and I are both from San Pedro Laguna) Manila Cathedral and San Agustin. When we decided to have our wedding reception here in Manila, St. James was crossed out from the choices. Down to San Agustin and Manila Cathedral. Before we went there last Saturday, Sept. 4, 2005, we have already decided that we indeed want San Agustin. The interior was more beautiful plus parking is more convenient. But when we were already talking to this lady to book the date, I began to have doubts, because she was saying that they only give one hour for the whole event. I felt that it was not enough time, baka magmukhang minadali yung kasal. So I told Gel that I want to look at Manila Cathedral again. Of course, the angel that Gel is, he agreed, we walked to Manila Cathedral to check it out again. While going there we passed by street dancing, I think that is part of the WOW Phils events, I kept on saying to myself oh my god what if on my wedding there is a WOW Phils event?! Yayks!! When we got to Manila Cathedral, we immediately went to the office, but close na, it was already 5mins after 5pm. So we just checked the inside of the church. It was then that I realized that indeed, San Agustin is more beautiful than Manila Cathedral, the details on the walls and the ceilings are really not comparable, and San Agustin have a more homey feel, more regal and more solemn. Kaya ayun... decided again that I really do want San Agustin. We went back again, and again passed by the street dancing, and again prayed wala sila sa wedding day ko hehehe. As we got back to San Agustin, it was already 5:20, they would not accept our down na coz its pass 5 na daw and the receipts have already been put away. Of course I tried to work my charm with her but to no avail. She pencil booked us lang and asked us to come back anytime during the weekdays to pay the down. And we did come back Tuesday to finally pay our down payment =) Yey!!

Photo-video - Emil Buencamino. This was also a very hard decision for us. We initially wanted to book Ariel Javelosa. We were impressed with his pictures sa website, and we got even more amazed when we saw his albums sa World Trade Center wedding expo. But he was above our budget. We were already willing to stretch our budget when we saw Emil Buencamino. He was even better than Ariel and at a lower cost! So we decided to book him right away! Yey!!

Reception - Manila Polo Club. Again the hunt was exasperating. So many venues to choose from. We previously were choosing between Manila Hotel and Manila Pen. We wanted Manila Pen but when we learned that we could not get the Rigodon ballroom, we dropped it off our list. Manila Hotel was our last choice when I remembered Manila Polo. I called them one time and asked for the packages and voila!... it was within our budget. Plus no reservation needed!! I just need to give them an authorization letter from a member and we are reserved. Plus their caterer is Makati Skyline, known for their good food and great set-ups! So I immediately booked the Main Lobby big enough up to 400 guests overlooking the pool! I am really, really, really very happy with Manila Polo!!

Cake - Alex Franco Cakes. This one is the easiest!! With all the good feedback from W@wies, I knew he is the man for me. We even have not met him or tasted his cake! I texted him last Wednesday (Sept. 8) and voila!… we are booked!! Yey!!
Hmm I know this is just the beginning but I know this will prove to be very fun and exciting wedding preps!! Good luck to me!!

Created: Saturday, September 11, 2004

0 Comments

Comments: Post a Comment




<< Home