Calm after storm

 I can't believe its over! Whew! Month-end close for October is now finished. I have just sent the final P&L to corporate for consolidation! Yey! After almost two weeks of going home late... i can finally see daylight as I go home at 5 this afternoon! I can't wait! Actually, since yesterday, work has been already light. Its just today that we are officially over!
I can now go back to blogging, designer hunt, and more wedding preps! Yey!
I am thinking now of our wedding cake...I have already booked Alex Franco Cakes and I know he will make me a fab cake. I really don't like fondant...yes it looks fantastic but I really do not like eating it. Tell me i'm traditional but I still like icing and sugar-paste flowers!
I am looking for pictures of cakes with orchids, since I am about 80% decided to go all-orchid on my wedding day but I can't find one that is not fondant. I found this one picture that I really, really like! This one is fondant though. But its so simple but so elegant. I think I will just show this to Alex and just see how he can use this as an inspiration.


This is another cake i loooove. This is a five-tiered quilted lemon cake with lemon-truffle filling, iced with champagne fondant, and with sugar roses between tiers. But again its in fondant! I think I can ask Alex to this though in icing and use orchids instead of roses.

But then again...the chocolate fountain is still there!


Created: Friday, October 29, 2004

0 Comments

Comments: Post a Comment




<< Home