Halloween!

 Wow! It'l be another long weekend! I can't wait! 3 whole days of bumming around the house...mmm a piece of heaven! I wonder whats on TV! I have seen a couple of horrors showing over the weekend...i'll try to catch them. I have also seen the teaser on Magandang Gabi Bayan Halloween Special... looks scary! I remember a few years back, me and my sister would always watch out for the MGB Holiday Special...it was always soo freaky! My sister would always have nightmares after watching it but she still watches it!



I am not sure how are we going to the cemetery this Monday... with the recent robbery, I don't think my dad would allow us to leave the house unattended that quick. It would probably just the two of them going to my lola's puntod...but I also want to go. I miss my nanay (that was what I call her when she was still alive) so much and the yearly visit on her remains satisfy a bit of that longing.

I am a lola's girl...I have always been! As a child I slept beside her, while my younger sister slept with my parents. She took care of me while my mom was still working, gave me a bath at our "lababo" then. She showered me with junk food and made sure I get my afternoon siestas on time. I miss her so much! I still dream of her...sometimes...and waking up from those dreams is always the hardest. I remember her face...very vividly. She was a sight to behold. I love her so much.

When she had that stroke that took her life, I was about 14 years old, we were watching TV in the living room. We always watch TV everynight. There was no cable yet that time. I couln't exactly remember what we were watching. I just remember looking at her... she was staring at me. After that was a blur. All i can remember was my dad carrying her on his arms, taking her to the hospital. My sister and I was left in the house. We saw her the next day, on the hospital bed, in coma.

I cannot explain how painful it is to lose someone you love dearly. But I know she loved me and I loved her. I remember telling her way way back that I want her to be present on my wedding day. And now that I am preparing for my big day...I know that she is watching over me...I know that she will be there.

Nanay, for all the memories you have given me, for all the love you have shared with me, for giving me my mother who is the greatest mom on earth... I thank you.

Created: Friday, October 29, 2004

1 Comments

Comments:
Hi - just happened upon your blog and being the owner of a bridal shop and a chocolate fountain rental company, just wanted to wish you all the best with your wedding plans! That's why I am in this business - because I love the excitement in the brides! The chocolate fountains are absolutely the hit of any wedding reception - I would highly recommend it. If there are several rental agencies in your area, please ask them for references - there are good and bad as in anything. If I can help you in any way - or answer any questions, please feel free to write. And good luck!
Tammy Beilstein
Arnella's Bridal, Butler, PA
www.arnellas.com
Chocolate Fountain Enterprises, Inc. (Serving Butler & Western Pa.)
www.chocolatefountainenterprises.com
 
Post a Comment




<< Home