I thought it was just a typical Sunday for us....

 It was a normal Sunday morning, my mom wake me up around 8:00 am. So I lazily stood up, looked for my ponytail, tied my hair up and went down for breakfast. I first saw my dad in the dining table, drinking his coffee. My sister came down after me and all four of us then ate hurriedly breakfast. After that we all took our bath and by around 9:00 am went off for the 10:00 am mass at St. Peregrine. That was our Sunday routine. My mom and dad would usually fight over closing of the doors and the gate. We do not have a maid and so no one will be left in the house so my dad would always double check the lock of the front door and the padlock on the main gate. He would always scold me and my sister, telling us that we should also do our part and make sure everything is locked and closed. I have never really thought that our house would be a target of robbers because ours was not a big house, it’s just a simple house, though newly renovated, it is still simple and understated.

After mass, we ate at a nearby Jollibee coz my dad had to go to office at 2:00pm. While eating we decided to go to Landmark Makati afterwards since my dad will not be home and we wanted to buy new decorations for the Christmas tree. To cut it short... we had a great afternoon, shopping and eating. At around 4pm we decided to go home already. While on the way I dropped by my office in Bicutan to get something, and when we got to Alabang, we decided to pick some grocery...mainly food. Then at around 7:00pm, we finally went home. I drove home coz my dad is still at the office

When we got home, my mom went down the car, followed by my sister. My mom opened the front gate but was surprised it was not locked. Thinking that my dad was home, she proceeded to opening the front door. But as she held the doorknob, it fell off! She yelled and ran in, so did my sister. I was still in the car but when I heard my mom scream; I hurriedly went down and followed her. When I saw our living room, I felt I was already dreaming. I didn't know it is true. We were robbed! My sister and I went up the stairs into our rooms and found everything in disarray! Clothes thrown out of our cabinets, beddings flopped up... everything was a mess!

Between that time and today, I still cannot remember when was it that I was able to absorb that we got robbed. I feel I am in a daze. All money and jewelry was taken, plus my dads watch and my laptop. All appliances were intact, including the TV, VCR and component.
I'm sorry that this happened to us, but i'm still grateful that no one got hurt. Money and possessions can be recovered they say, but the feeling of security, I think is one most important thing that those robbers took from us that is very hard to come by again.

Created: Wednesday, October 13, 2004

1 Comments

Comments:
indeed... the feeling of security takes a longer time to be recovered...

but yes, at least none of you were home when it happened
 
Post a Comment




<< Home