After Eight Years

 Yesterday, Gelo and I celebrated our eight year anniversary. November 19 has always been very special for both of us. Yesterday was extra special because it will be the last time we will be celebrating November 19. Starting next year, we will then on be celebrating September 17, our wedding anniversary. It is a farewell to one date and a welcome to another date, much like a new year for us. Its a happy happy day!!

I remember our first anniversary, November 19, 1997. We were still in college then. That was a wednesday. Our anniversary celebration was a dinner at Pizza Hut, that was what we could afford then. He gave me flowers, three red roses. Then towards the end of the dinner, he gave me a small box. When I opened it... there she was... my ring... the ring that would keep us together for eight years... and forevermore...



Til today I wear this same ring. My ring went through so much... she had been lost, I lost her for about a year, and then found her again. She had been misplaced so many times but I always find her again somehow.

Our relationship has gone through almost the same thing, all throughout the eight years so much had happened. Unbelievable happiness, heartbreaking pains.... but we are still here. Like the ring... still shining, sparky, strong and ready to face another lifetime of experiences.

I know that as we enter this new phase in our lives, so much more is to be expected, but with us holding hands, our wedding rings in our fingers and love in our hearts, we would go through anything.



Created: Saturday, November 20, 2004

0 Comments

Comments: Post a Comment




<< Home