Wedding Updates!!!

 We just got home from NBC Bridal fair and I must say I am pretty proud of our accomplishments today. We wanted to be there really early so we can go around the booths with ease but unfortunately; I forgot our “baon”… I left our money in my car so we had to go back to our house. Luckily traffic was not that bad and at about 11am, we were already at the registration table. We started going around looking for the things we said we needed. I felt we were not accomplishing anything after about 1 hour of walking around… I just felt Gel was not with me! His mind was wandering off!! Men! When I started confronting him the real reason surfaced… he was hungry! Grrr!!! I needed to go and meet my classmates in UP for a project anyways so we went out and grab a bite at the nearby Zong and agreed we will just have to go back later in the afternoon after my meeting. We also agreed that he would look at all the fliers we got earlier and study them so that we will have more focus when we return. Sounds like a plan to me! Fast forward to about 6pm we were again on our way to The Fort. This time Gel was really making all the plans, he already decided that we will book Sentimental Groove for our musicians, Matus Jewelry for our rings and Jody Liwanag for our Coordinator. I was really amazed! I spent the last 2 months thinking whom among all of my short listed suppliers I will book but he, it took him only about 3 hours to decide!!! I couldn’t be happier!!

Anyways as I was saying, when we returned to the Fort, we went straight to Matus Jewelry and looked at their sample rings again. We previously decided that we would not have matching rings since I want diamonds(!!) on mine while he want only a plain wedding ring. I ordered a yellow gold ring with seven 0.07-carat princess cut diamonds. I sooo love it!! Plus I got it at a 15% discount… 10% regular discount and 5% additional because I am a W@Wie!! Yey!!!

Next stop, Jody Liwanag. I have known Jody because of W@W; she has always gotten a good to excellent ratings from W@Wies with whom she has previously worked with. I have been a member of W@W for about a year now and I must say that I have not heard any bad feedback on her. I also heard that she’s really organized and knows very well what she was doing. Plus I really felt comfortable and at ease talking with her.

Last stop… Sentimental Groove. I have previously posted here that I want to get the three guys that were also under the Sentimental Groove umbrella. But after some thought with Gel, we decided to get Sentimental Groove instead of the three guys because they have more experience in terms of performing in weddings and that they’d be more reliable in general plus they are very flexible on what they can do.

And did I tell you that I also saw Joel Bautista there? And guess what, his assistant is a previous schoolmate when I was in High school! What a coincidence! But a good coincidence of course!

Haaay… over-all it was a tiring and looong day… but I feel happy coz everything is taking shape now…. Its not just plans anymore, it is slowly becoming a reality.

Six months more and all of these preps would finally come to an end and I’d be married to my best friend.

Created: Saturday, March 05, 2005

0 Comments

Comments: Post a Comment




<< Home