I love you mama!

 Hit a major snag this weekend on the preparations. Ok you all know how OC I was with our invitations, I wanted it to have the “umph!”, it started with calligraphy, then to pop-ups and then finally to informal colourful invites from Printed Matter. Last Saturday, eight thirty in the morning we were already at Printed Matters’ office in Q.C. (our meeting is at 9:30 am) to see our drafts. She works fast, remember I first visited her last, last Saturday and after a week the drafts are already complete. I asked her to make me two drafts, one folded and the other booklet type. She first presented the folded invite, almost the same as the inspiration copy I showed her. I was already swooning when I saw it! It was really beautiful, not the ordinary invite you’ll see. I really, really loved it! Because of my fascination with the first one I didn’t pay that much attention to the second one anymore, me and Gel both agree that we already have the perfect invitation.

After that we proceeded to Manila Polo to meet Lala for the ocular. It was such a productive meeting coz we were able to talk about how the over-all look will be. I was walking in the clouds after that meeting knowing that the day had been a very fruitful day!

As we went home I was so very excited to show the draft invites to my mom. Syempre at the back of my mind I want to get her approval. That’s when my almost perfect day started crumbling. She didn’t like it! She said it’s like an invitation for a children’s party! I can’t believe it! It is anything but that! Its different yes but not cheap!

I was angry, mad coz she, of all people! I thought she would be the one who would support me on this. I’ve always told her that I want to inject something different, something out of the ordinary to my wedding. And she did agree with me!

Anyways, I just went to my room and rummage through my stacks of magazines again, hoping that I will find the perfect invitation, formal but with a touch of personality. After about an hour of going through the magazines which by the way I already memorize from cover to cover, I found something I like. It’s a formal invitation, white card with brown fonts, with a beautiful boarder that I really, really like. It is lined by another paper in pink which gives the illusion that the invite is framed. I think I like this one. I showed it to my mom and she liked it too, so does Gel. Now I’ll just have to find a printer who can execute this for me. I’d probably go to a printing press this time coz my mom want the fonts to be embossed which of course Printed Matter cannot do 

Yesterday, my over-all feeling was frustration, frustrated because I couldn’t do what I want to do. But looking at it again after my anger toned down a bit, I see that my mom only wants the best for me. She has done this before during her own wedding, and she has attended a million other weddings. She knows what’s proper and what’s not, what will work and what will fail. She has been there to support me since day one of my preps and I know she will still be there even after the wedding, as supportive as she is today. Yesterday was mother’s day and yesterday I understood that being a mom doesn’t mean you give everything what your child wants, its about balancing what is right and what is wrong. Mom I haven’t shared with you my blog yet but when that time comes, I hope you smile when you read this. I love you mom.

Created: Monday, May 09, 2005

2 Comments

Comments:
Hi Anne!
Pics naman ng invites nyo. Kakaexcite naman yan.
 
Hi Anne, it's so sad na ur mom didnt like the mock up invites, kanya kanya naman kasing taste yan. Oh well, do what your heart tells you! And tama yan, wag magagalit sa mga ina natin! Hehehe...
 
Post a Comment




<< Home