digiscrap and food...sounds fun!!

 Today is my last day in the office, tomorrow i'd be at the plant for a halfday inventory count and i'm off to Christmas! Its been a fun week, shopping for gifts, giving and receiving gifts, and of course work on the side. I did one layout last Sunday I'd like to share with you guys.



I've always loved Christmas...I love all the Christmas lights around, the Christmas trees and decors you see on buildings and streets, its very heart-warming. After a day of hard work in the office, it’s nice to drive along lighted and decorated streets. The dancing Christmas lights makes me relax and think about home cooked meals served at noche buena, smoking hot puto bungbong and bibingka after misa de gallo...hhhmmmm...makes me feel so at home! I also especially love giving Christmas gifts as much as receiving them! I love to see a Christmas tree surrounded by lots of gifts! And I love opening all of the them on Christmas morning!

Hmm speaking of noche buena…I’ve been looking for recipes for our Christmas dinner. I though I’d make soup (most probably pumpkin soup), pasta, seafood and dessert. I found this great recipe from allrecipes.com for the pasta – Alfredo Blue. Thought I’d make this since I like blue cheese so much! Here’s the recipe:

INGREDIENTS:
1/2 (16 ounce) package fettuccini pasta
1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
1/2 clove garlic, sliced
2 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
1 cup heavy cream
1-1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
salt and pepper to taste

DIRECTIONS:
1. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook pasta in boiling water for 8 to 10 minutes, or until al dente; drain.
2. Heat olive oil in a small skillet over medium heat. Saute garlic in olive oil until golden. Remove garlic, and reserve oil.
3. In a medium saucepan over medium-low heat, combine blue cheese, Parmesan cheese, and cream. Stir until cheeses are melted. Stir in the oil from the garlic pan. Season with Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper.
4. Toss sauce with hot pasta, and let stand 5 minutes before serving.

Looks pretty easy to me. I’m sure I can handle this recipe. I am also doing one seafood…thought I’d do this recipe I found also at allrecipe.com

Calamari in Red Wine and Tomato Sauce

INGREDIENTS:
2 pounds calamari, cleaned
4 cups tomato sauce
1 cup Chianti wine
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 teaspoons chopped garlic
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon dried basil
1/3 cup grated Romano cheese

DIRECTIONS:
1. Separate the tentacles from the long body of the calamari, if not done already. Slice the body, or calamari tubes into rings about 1/2 to 2/3 inch thick, set aside.
2. In a saucepan, combine tomato sauce, red wine, lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, black pepper, cayenne pepper, basil, and cheese. Simmer on medium low for about 30 minutes to give the alcohol in the wine time to evaporate, and all the flavors time to blend.
3. Add the calamari to the sauce. Continue to slowly simmer for about another 20 - 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Calamari is done when it is plump and more opaque. Do not cook on higher heat or for a longer period, as calamari is famous for becoming

Looks pretty simple too! Now my only problem is dessert…now this one needs to be special! I need more time on this...I'll try searching and update you again tomorrow ok! For now I have to go!

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!!

*poof*

Created: Thursday, December 22, 2005

1 Comments

Comments:
Good Blog. Christmas ornament to make These delightful Family Holiday Ornaments will make each year a memorable family tradition for generations to come. Please visit Christmas ornament to make
 
Post a Comment




<< Home