two weeks in a row

 Last Saturday we were able to watch the exorcism of Emily Rose. It was a chilling movie, not really horror…but it lingers in your mind. I liked the movie mainly because it is not the usual fairy tale movie where the good always triump vs. evil. In this movie, both Emily and Fr. Moore both was defeated by evil. The only difference is that Emily was dead, Fr. Moore is still alive to retell Emily’s story. I don’t want to make a synopsis of some kind of the movie here but I just want to share my main thoughts on it.
Firstly, my first impression of the movie was that it is rhetorical in fact melodramatic, first the family, being very poor, had no other way for which they can send Emily to college other than a scholarship grant from the University. Second, the priest was like every other priest, very close minded and idealistic, sacrificing his freedom just to be able to tell Emily’s story. Of course the lawyer representing the church must be a non-catholic, indifferent and non-secular lady who do not believe in God and whose only purpose in representing the priest is to get her boss to promote her to being a partner. Quite ordinary right? Even the lawyer of the “the people” must be a catholic, quite ironic as he is persecuting a man of God. But what I really like about the film is how it captures the audience and literally lets you experience all the emotions the characters are going through. I was having goose bumps all throughout the film, and even after!

Next film, Saturday before last, we finally saw Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. As like the past Harry Potter films, I was very excited cause I really like Harry Potter films! I find the past three instalments very enjoyable, I love the three leads so much! This instalment though is a different experience for me. Unlike the past three where the plot is very simple and the theme very light, this one is much more serious, the plot is a bit more complicated, definitely more intense. It centers on a competition that would give the winner honor and respect from all. Unlike the other three, in this movie Harry’s adventures were not shared with his friends, in this film Harry competed alone, without the help of his friends. Of course Harry triumphed as the winner in the end, but that is after three tests which tested not only his skill but also his strategizing, of course you already know if you have watched the movie that he won because of the help of one of the teacher witch (I’m so bad at names I forgot his name!), but that’s already beside the point.

As I said in the beginning I don’t want to make a synopsis of any of the two films, just sharing my two cents!

Till next movie!

Created: Monday, December 05, 2005

2 Comments

Comments:
Great site! ##KEYWORD## Santa's Message Ornament
Santa has a special message for you alone. Please visit ##LINK##
 
Great Blog. Christmas ornament to make These ornaments make great gift toppers. Please visit Christmas ornament to make
 
Post a Comment




<< Home