what a day

 This has been one looong day for me! It started around 3:30am, hubby and I woke up to attend the Misa de Gallo (did I spell that right??). (Just so everyone is in the same page, misa de gallo is the mass held at dawn which runs nine days before Christmas, it's a Filipino tradition.) Mass started at exactly 4am, yup we were late courtesy of yours truly...hehehe...tell me who can move quickly at 3:30am?? After the mass we drove around our place for about 45 mins looking for puto bungbong, my F-A-V-O-R-I-T-E! My christmas would not be complete without it! There is actually a vendor selling puto bumbong right outside the church but I wanted to buy those that has just been cooked...straight out of the bamboo...so we drove past it and looked for another one. Well we didn't find another one until 30mins of driving around. So much effort for puto bumbong you ask? NO! Hahaha...as i've said...it's my favorite! LOL! Poor hubby driving around so sleepy! But we finally found it and bought bibingka too. We got back to the house around 6am and feasted with the super yummy, super hot puto bumbong and bibingka! Aaahh I can still remember how it tasted the moment I took my first bite for the year! Priceless!

Of course after that hubby and I went back to sleep! Gel woke me at around 8am telling me we will go to Batangas for the Christening of one of our ninang's grandson. I was excited coz I know how these kinds of events are in the provinces, usually they are all out and flowing with food! Mmmm yummy!! With that on my thoughts I hurriedly took a shower and went to their house to pick up his dad who will be coming with us. Before lunch time we were already at Batangas and weaving our way through the loads and loads of food! You name it they got it...menudo...dinuguan...leche flan...fruit salad...and most especially...LECHON! Gosh I can't remember how I was able to gobble down all those food!

Ok by 4pm we were already on our way to SM Southmall to finally start on my christmas shopping. But since traffic was not moving at all along Zapote Road, we decided to turn back and just do the shopping the Festival Mall. Was not expecting i'd find anything as this Mall doesn't really have so much...but was really happy coz I was able to buy about 90% of my list! Yahoo!! That's a feat actually coz I'm super fickle minded about gifts that it usually takes me centuries to finish just one! But this time...I was finish at 6pm! Just two hours! Can't belive it myself until I saw the time! It must be all those people...there must be 10,000 people there...if it can fit 10,000 people! Geeshh! And boy did I got some great finds! Body Shop dropped their prices rock bottom! Was able to buy Dewberry Lotion, Fuzzy Peach and Dewberry Bath & shower gel and a shower gel for men. Greath ey! Plus I found this great combo pack at Zen Zest, a pair of oatmeal soap and hand sanitazer for under 100! Perfect for giveaways! I bought everything, well they had just nine left, will be back tomorrow for more definitely!

Ahh the joy of eating and the pleasure of shopping in one fabulous day! Who can ask for more!

I have not digiscrap to share with you today as i've been out the whole day

Gotta go now! Goodnyt ya all!

Created: Saturday, December 17, 2005

0 Comments

Comments: Post a Comment




<< Home