The Gospel of Judas

 

This is one of my longest weekend so far this year! I was on leave starting Tuesday of this week and through the four days without work (can you believe I am not at the beach!!), the National Geographic has been my constant companion.

I was able to catch The Gospel of Judas from National Geographic last night. I was skeptical to watch it at first, but decided to see it just to satisfy my curiosity. It was a two hour special that discusses...well...the gospel of Judas. The first hour of the program run giving a background on how the 66-page codex was most likely found (they do not know for sure how it was found) and a discussion on it's authentication. At the end of the first hour, it is pretty convincing that the codex is authentic. The second hour then discusses on the contents of the gospel.













I would have to direct you to this site to get more information about the gospel, as I don't think I can explain it in detail as objective as I want to be. What I can only say is that up to some extent, I agree that Judas should not be condemned as he is now because he was just an instrument, so that Christ can fulfil his mission of saving the world. I'm having doubts now that thinking like that may fall conflict to my faith, but watching the show made me realize there may be some things out there worth exploring and worth keeping an open mind on.

Do you believe it?


Created: Friday, April 14, 2006

3 Comments

Comments:
Hi! I am also very curious about that gospel. Unfortunately I dont have cable tv and besides ,it would be in nihonggo if shown here. Maybe I'll get the magazine next month ( if I still remember ).
Anyway, I've been visiting here every now and then.saw your wedding pics too. Very nice! Must have been one of your happiest moments. Mine was not as grandiose.
Oh, I took the liberty od adding your blog to my other blog too! Pls. visit sometime!
My Other Blog!
 
Hi Anne, thanks for bringing that up. It's very captivating indeed, and hope we can find out more about Judas!

-Alex
 
Great post and thank you for the links!!!
 
Post a Comment




<< Home